The eldest daughter of the late Zimbabwean Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai, Vimbai Java died at the West End Clinic in Harare on Monday, 10 June 2019.
The Glen View South MP died as a result of injuries sustained in a car accident that happened near Kwekwe, in the Midlands province of Zimbabwe on May 14.
Although she could not attend the fifth national elective congress of the MDC held in Gweru from May 21-26 due to injuries sustained she was elected Secretary-General of the Women’s League of the party founded by her late father.
The KweKwe car-crash killed Paul Rukanda, who was Tsvangirai-Java’s campaign manager and MDC member Tafadzwa Mhundwa who was also Tsvangirai-Java’s relative.
Vimbai Tsvangirai-Java was born in Bindura on 25 July 1983 to Morgan Richard Tsvangirai and Susan Nyaradzo Mhundwa, as their third child and first daughter.
She went to Haig Park Primary School, Vainona and Mabelreign Girls High in Harare and New Castle University in Australia.
Tsvangirai-Java was the only Tsvangirai child to take up politics after her father, her mother, Susan died in a car accident on 6 March 2009.
She is survived by her husband Batsiranai Java who is the founder of Tabernacle of Grace Church. Mourners are gathered at No. 2 Lyndhurst Close, Strathaven in Harare, Zimbabwe.
Vimbai Tsvangirai-Java short-biography
- Born on 25 July 1983 in Bindura, Zimbabwe
- Eldest daughter and third born of Morgan Tsvangirai and Susan Nyaradzo Mhundwa
- Bachelor of Development Studies, Urban and Regional Planning (Newcastle Univerity, Australia)
- Senior Pastor at the Tabernacle of Grace Church
- Worked at the Sydney City Council in Australia
- Married to Apostle Batsiranai Java
- Glen View South MP (2018 – 2019)